Posted by allison n
1. Brand Page ‘hover-over’ pop-up in news feed – I love this and it’s one of those little details you may not have noticed. Users will now see a pop-up of your Page’s cover image when they hover-over the Page title in their news feed. Now’s the time to really think about how high impact your Brand Page cover image is. The new pop-up feature could likely be a first impression to prospective Page fans, so it’s important that your Page cover image is eye catching and aligns with your brand.
2. Twitter’s outage – I actually DIDN’T like this the first 20 mins or so, but I realized there was a silver lining to the 2-hour Twitter downtime. I came to realization that:
- Twitter fans awaiting response from me will be ok because they can’t access Twitter either
- I can work on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube projects I had on my to-do list
- I caught-up on emails and other administrative things
- I worked on fine-tuning a marketing communications calendar
What did you do during the Twitter outage? I thought this gif image was pretty funny in expressing sentiment of the outage.
3. Hotel Tonight mobile app – If you ever find yourself in need of a hotel room last minute, open this app! This mobile app shows you unsold hotel rooms with an up to 70% off reduction in price. Not bad, right?