1. Twitter’s mobile redesign – The goal of Twitter’s mobile redesign is make it available to anyone with a smart phone and those with limited bandwidth. The new design is also more sleek and streamlined looking! I am a big fan of redesigns and updates that come with faster and more streamlined performance. Twitter chronicled the overhaul on their blog.
2. NYC launches free WiFi at payphone booths – Really New York? I just love you more and more! It’s 2012, there should definitely be more free WiFi in spots other than in coffee shops and universities. New York City is paving the way. As always, keep safety in mind when you’re using public WiFi.
3. Facebook and NBC Olympics integration coming to a Timeline near you – Hmm. Should we even bother turning on the TV for this summer’s Olympic Games? Yes, most definitely. For those of us working all day or out running errands, this integration is great to get up-to-speed on our favorite athletes and Olympic sports!
1. Brand Page ‘hover-over’ pop-up in news feed – I love this and it’s one of those little details you may not have noticed. Users will now see a pop-up of your Page’s cover image when they hover-over the Page title in their news feed. Now’s the time to really think about how high impact your Brand Page cover image is. The new pop-up feature could likely be a first impression to prospective Page fans, so it’s important that your Page cover image is eye catching and aligns with your brand.
2. Twitter’s outage – I actually DIDN’T like this the first 20 mins or so, but I realized there was a silver lining to the 2-hour Twitter downtime. I came to realization that:
- Twitter fans awaiting response from me will be ok because they can’t access Twitter either
- I can work on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube projects I had on my to-do list
- I caught-up on emails and other administrative things
- I worked on fine-tuning a marketing communications calendar
What did you do during the Twitter outage? I thought this gif image was pretty funny in expressing sentiment of the outage.
3. Hotel Tonight mobile app – If you ever find yourself in need of a hotel room last minute, open this app! This mobile app shows you unsold hotel rooms with an up to 70% off reduction in price. Not bad, right?
1. Add Pins directly from House Beautiful Magazine – The June issue invites readers to pin directly from its “Kitchen of the Month” article. Images in the article feature a specific watermark and when scanned with House Beautiful’s phone app, are able to Pin the image in real-time onto their Pinterest boards! I look forward to more magazines offering this function!
2. Make your voice heard. Vote on Facebook’s proposed changes – The deadline to vote is this Friday, June 8! Facebook is giving users the opportunity to cast a vote on its revised Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
3. (RED)’s Rush to Zero Campaign – Your FourSquare check-ins at Starbucks just got meaningful with purpose. From June 1 – 10, 2012, Starbucks will donate $1 to the Global Fund, for every FourSquare check-in at any U.S. and Canada locations. If you don’t have an affinity for Starbucks coffee, why not check-in and pick-up hot tea, bottle of water or snack? Little actions can produce big change. #REDRUSH