Posted by allison n
1. The all new FourSquare – This past Thursday, June 7, I was pleasantly surprised to experience FourSquare’s new user interface. It seems cleaner, quicker and more streamlined. I noticed photos are more prominent, while comments at check-ins are simply a text overlay. The team at FourSquare are super enthusiastic about the changes and I think I am as well. FourSquare states, “This isn’t just a fresh coat of paint, it’s a whole new app. And, as such, it’s just the beginning.” #allnew4sq.
2. Facebook’s new app center – Many of us have an affinity to social apps that integrate on Facebook, for example, Spotify, Instagram, Pinterest, Nike+ Running and others. Now you can enjoy one-stop-shopping for your Facebook social apps! With the help of star ratings, number of users and which of your friends are using a specific app you’re interested in, you can decide which ones to leverage.
3. LaLa Lunchbox mobile app – Great for busy families that believe in nutritious homemade lunches. This mobile app empowers children to participate in the planning of their weekly lunch preparation; add a fruit, veggie, a protein and more! It’s fun and interactive. I don’t have children and I may actually use this app. I mean, why not?
Posted by allison n
1. Add Pins directly from House Beautiful Magazine – The June issue invites readers to pin directly from its “Kitchen of the Month” article. Images in the article feature a specific watermark and when scanned with House Beautiful’s phone app, are able to Pin the image in real-time onto their Pinterest boards! I look forward to more magazines offering this function!
2. Make your voice heard. Vote on Facebook’s proposed changes – The deadline to vote is this Friday, June 8! Facebook is giving users the opportunity to cast a vote on its revised Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
3. (RED)’s Rush to Zero Campaign – Your FourSquare check-ins at Starbucks just got meaningful with purpose. From June 1 – 10, 2012, Starbucks will donate $1 to the Global Fund, for every FourSquare check-in at any U.S. and Canada locations. If you don’t have an affinity for Starbucks coffee, why not check-in and pick-up hot tea, bottle of water or snack? Little actions can produce big change. #REDRUSH