Posted by allison n
1. The all new FourSquare – This past Thursday, June 7, I was pleasantly surprised to experience FourSquare’s new user interface. It seems cleaner, quicker and more streamlined. I noticed photos are more prominent, while comments at check-ins are simply a text overlay. The team at FourSquare are super enthusiastic about the changes and I think I am as well. FourSquare states, “This isn’t just a fresh coat of paint, it’s a whole new app. And, as such, it’s just the beginning.” #allnew4sq.
2. Facebook’s new app center – Many of us have an affinity to social apps that integrate on Facebook, for example, Spotify, Instagram, Pinterest, Nike+ Running and others. Now you can enjoy one-stop-shopping for your Facebook social apps! With the help of star ratings, number of users and which of your friends are using a specific app you’re interested in, you can decide which ones to leverage.
3. LaLa Lunchbox mobile app – Great for busy families that believe in nutritious homemade lunches. This mobile app empowers children to participate in the planning of their weekly lunch preparation; add a fruit, veggie, a protein and more! It’s fun and interactive. I don’t have children and I may actually use this app. I mean, why not?
Posted by allison n
It’s the end of another week. Can you believe it?! This means I’m sharing my three favorite things in social media from the week. I love this part!
1. Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook) leaves work at 5:30 everyday – I am a huge advocate for “work-life balance.” I think this has a different definition to many people. For me, it means working hard and accomplishing goals at work, while never having a time deficit for family and loved ones. I don’t have children, yet this clip reminds me that I (and many others) shouldn’t feel like an inadequate employee and/or work partner for heading home between 5 and 5:30pm. Sheryl is endorsing it and she’s a smart woman.
2. Pose – We all have a unique style and Pose allows us to share it with others. Through Pose, you can share our personal style, give accolades to other styles we admire and keep a photo album, if you will, of the various ensembles you’ve put together. I find it to be cute and fun. I posted my first style!
3. TweetGuard – We tweet a lot. We’re tweeting valuable content, photos, replying and RTing. There is a goldmine of engaging content piling up from our Twitter handles. Back-up your tweets!