Spotlight on Pillsbury
Posted by allison n
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear “Pillsbury?” Cookie dough? Crescent rolls? How about that lil doughy man that giggles when he’s poked in the belly? I’m certain I think of all of the above. I grew up in a Pillsbury household. We enjoyed the break-n-bake cookies, the rolls at dinner and during the holidays and especially the cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Although nowadays I prefer homemade baked goods, but I wanted to spotlight Pillsbury’s social media activity.
Facebook – Over 1.3 million fans
- Pillsbury puts a face to its Facebook Page with a “Meet Us” tab. This is great because it makes the Facebook interaction between the brand and fans more personal.
- Crescent rolls are big favorites during the holidays, so Pillsbury makes them front and center with a “Crescents” tab. The custom tab allows you to chat with other crescent fans, share photos of your best crescent roll dish, send a virtual crescent roll gift and browse recipes.
- The Page admins have done a great job of organizing its photos so fans can enjoy and browse photos more easily. For example, photo album “Frozen Treats,” “July 4 Menu” etc.
- Some other fun and interactive tabs on this Page are “Recipes,” which is fan-gated so that you must “Like” the Page before you can enjoy the copious amount of recipes. Don’t forget to check-out “Rookie Bake-Off” too.
Twitter – Over 23,000 followers
- #5ingredients, #ideasmadeeasy, #CookingWithKids, #doughboy, #thanksgiving…just a handful of many hashtags Pillsbury uses to organize it’s Twitter conversations and cater to followers’ specific interests.
YouTube – Over 28,000 channel views
- There are a variety of playlists highlighting the Pillsbury products. Watch videos about pizza crusts, biscuits and more.
- Pillsbury promotes his commercials too.
- No worries about burning your Pillsbury goodness or not knowing what to do with the extra biscuit can in your fridge. Pillsbury has many how-to videos as well!