Monthly Archives: November 2011
If you’re not familiar with Cyber Monday, it’s the Monday after Black Friday when eTailers share ridiculously crazy deals. It’s bananas! Deals like free shipping on your entire order, free upgraded shipping, buy one get one free, additional 25% off, etc. Crazy good deals people. According to the National Retail Foundation, more than 122 million people will shop online today, Cyber Monday.
Did you get some shopping done? What are some deals you enjoyed?
All day on Twitter people were sharing deals via #CyberMonday hashtag and many enjoyed receiving alerts from eTailers such as Juicy Couture, Food Network and more.
Technology is pretty awesome, right? I mean, there are times it works against us (i.e. paper jam in the printer, dropped calls, hacked email account, etc), but there are times technology makes us smile, laugh, hug, etc. The reason I mention this is because in a matter of 48 hours I have read stories of three different campaigns involving Augmented Reality (AR). You’re probably thinking…Augmented what?
Augmented reality is when our real and very physical world and the digital world become one.
Here are the three campaigns I recently read about and was eager to share -
Augmented reality may be the “new black” in digital marketing and viral campaigns. AR allows social media and digital marketers to bridge the gap between the brand, service and/or inanimate objects and US…the consumer/guest/client. The scope of creativity is wide and I cannot wait to see what’s on the horizon for AR.
What AR campaigns have you seen and/or experienced?
Thanksgiving is around the corner and I am excited. The food will be yummy, I get to see family I don’t see that often and there is always shopping over the weekend. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie…Did I mention the food?! Well, needless to say even though the food is darn good it’s something that’s stressed over in many families. This year I am thankful for mobile apps that make Thanksgiving prep easier so that those that stress can enjoy the holiday!
Kitchen survival and ideas:
- Bookmark Butterball’s mobile site on your cell phone for tips and how-to’s on-the-go.
- Fine Cooking: Cooking for the Holidays mobile app – Learn tips on buying the perfect turkey, what to do with left overs, amazing cocktail recipes and more.
- Wholefoods Market recipes mobile app – Take your Thanksgiving to a cage-free, organic and healthier level.
- Taste of Home mobile app – Access recipes and browse your locally seasonal ingredients.
- Subscribe to Tasty Kitchen’s blog for baking tips, holiday recipes submitted by the cooking and baking community and many how-to’s.
- Cook’s Unlimited mobile app – Use the app’s shopping list feature to make sure you don’t forget an ingredient, watch recipe overview videos and share recipe and ingredients reviews via email and Facebook.
- Timer+ iPhone app – Run multiple timers at one time.
- Unit conversion iPhone app – With this app you can pretty much convert anything…temperature, volume and set-up custom conversions too.
I hope you all have a safe and fantastic Thanksgiving holiday!